The Centre for Disaster Management and Public Safety (CDMPS) is a research centre established at the University of Melbourne focused on conducting multi-disciplinary research and training on disaster management and public safety both nationally and internationally.
Research at CDMPS focuses on themes associated with preparing for, responding to, recovering from, and mitigating against incidents across the all-hazards spectrum of emergency/disaster management. This is an important objective in light of major disasters worldwide which have had significant impact.
Key goals of the Centre are to:
- Conduct world recognized research into disaster/emergency management and public safety
- Encourage collaborative research projects with state and federal governments in Australia, the private sector and leading overseas universities stakeholders
- Create an open-standards initiative to develop interoperability architecture to test and develop models on multi hazard disasters
- Disseminate research findings through academic publications, seminars, conferences and scholarly interchange
- Develop and enhance the knowledge base and research capabilities in emergency/disaster management through research, training and specific initiatives such as workshops, symposia and conferences
- Conduct short training programs in the fields of emergency/disaster management especially at the executive level for government agencies (both Australian and international), private sector bodies and other interested groups
- Develop and implement a Masters level course for disaster management and public safety
For more information about Centre’s leadership, please visit here.
- Guest seminar 19 Oct: Big geo-data for urbanized China: Methods and applications
- MCDS Seminar Series special event jointly hosted by AURIN
- Please participate: UniMelb Wi-Fi Location Data Acceptability Survey
- Seminar: “From movement data to understanding indoor and outdoor human mobility” by Dr Katarzyna Sila-Nowicka, University of Auckland
Subscribe by Email
Completely spam free, opt out any time.
Please, insert a valid email.
Thank you, your email will be added to the mailing list once you click on the link in the confirmation email.